Welcome to Top 5 Wednesday, where I make lists every week about bookish stuff, including books! As usual, you can find all you need to know about the group and the premise behind my (almost) weekly lists on the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads Group. Go join and we can make bookish lists together. The theme for the first week of March is the fictional jobs we would love to have if we lived in the worlds of some of our favourite books/movies/TV shows. I mostly write about books because I don’t really watch TV or movies… So. Without further babbling, here are my Top 5 Fictional Jobs:
- Hogwarts Student. Duh. If you’ve been here long enough or read enough of this blog, you will know that I am Harry Potter obsessed. So my ultimate job would be to be a Hogwarts student. However, since I am much older than 18, I would probably settle for being a trainee professor. Or an actual professor.
- Shadowhunter. Or professional badass. You pick the title that works best for you. I reckon it would be pretty rad to have angel blood and run around killing demons and just generally saving the world.
- Magical artist/photographer. Harry is amazed by the moving paintings and moving photographs in the wizarding world, but have you ever thought about how amazing it would be to be able to MAKE paintings and photographs that move?! I can imagine that you have to have some pretty amazing technical skill to make the paintings realistic, and then a really amazing knowledge of charms to make the paintings move AND be an accurate representation of that person’s personality. I’m having an artist moment just thinking about it. AND imagine developing the film from the photographs in special potions to make them move? I’m pretty sure JK mentioned that in Chamber of Secrets, but I want to actually do it!
- Witch. As in Terry Pratchett. You’re basically everything the village needs, including a herbalist, midwife, vet, counselor, and much much more. And getting to work with Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax (I’m in denial.) would be so freaking cool. The witches are probably my favourites in the Discworld series.
- Author. This isn’t actually a fictional profession, but I am of the opinion that authors are actually magicians and they are responsible for creating the amazing worlds that we read about. There is a special kind of magic that exists in not only creating your own story and world, but having the guts to share it with other people. Someday I would love to finish writing a novel, and join the ranks of the amazing people who are called ‘author’.
And that concludes this week’s Top 5 Wednesday! I hope you guys are enjoying reading these as much as I enjoy writing them. I am planning on doing every Top 5 Wednesday week in March, but we will have to see if I can keep my ass in gear.